Friday, March 11, 2005

It's always an adventure

I took the cats to the vet this morning. We had the usual crying and digestive expelling, but all in all I'd say that Max and Roxie did very well. My poor babies...they got 5 vaccinations each (four shots and a nasal drip) and they've been asleep in the bedroom all day - they haven't even moved since I've been home. Awwww.

We're putting together March poker night. Technically we didn't miss February because we played in West Virginia (it's your own fault if you didn't come skiing!) Our poker circle is ever-widening. We're going to have to go to a multi-table tournament format soon if it keeps growing.

I've really got nothing creative for the moment. I still feel drained from Wednesday's exam - it went fine, but it was a lot of mental energy.

Has anyone ever read "The Sneeches and Other Stories" by Dr. Seuss? This has come up recently at work. It was one of my favorite books. There were four stories - the Sneeches (some of them had "stars upon thars"), the Zaks, who were so stubborn they stood in each others' way for years because neither wanted to move for the other, the woman who had 30-some-odd sons and named them all Dave, and the pants with nobody inside 'em. Ahh, children's lit.

Okay, that's it for me tonight. I'll try to have something better tomorrow.

Now Watching: Food Network OnDemand

No comments: