Monday, August 29, 2005

Best letter EVAR

DEAR ABBY: I am 62 and my husband is 93. Our next-door neighbor, "Sam," likes to expose himself. Other than that, he's a good neighbor and always ready to help out.

One day, a couple of my women friends were over visiting, and Sam stood in his doorway naked as a jaybird, waving at them. Maybe he thinks it pays to advertise. Mostly, he does this when my husband has gone inside the house.

His behavior worries me. If anything should happen to my husband, do you think Sam would try to force himself on me? Could he attack me and try to rape or murder me, or is he just a nice guy who likes to expose himself, and not the least bit dangerous?

2 comments:

Edge said...

Dear 63:

Not to worry. If your neighbor is your husbands age he probably just doesn't remember that he has clothes on. In the untimely case your husband dies, I assure you I don't think you will be in danger. Just make sure you can out run him for a block as that kind of a jaunt for a 90 year old probably will kill him as would the supposed intercourse with him you fear.

BTW - it's all about you isn't it 63? Maybe it's one of your friends he likes.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a similar post where a woman was complaining about several "peeping toms" as she ran around her streetfront yard naked.

And yet a similar case where an astronomer was mad cause his neighbor always left his street light on. So, he decided to stargaze naked, and when arrested said that "hey, they could turn out the light, and they wouldn't see me"

Seth