Monday, December 05, 2005

A Monumentous Occasion



Yes, that's right. This is post #300. That's a pretty good run for me...a little over a year to get 300 posts; that's more than a post every other day. Rock on.

I bought my first song from iTunes the other day. It's the song from the new Volvo commercial that I thought was Bob Dylan, but it's not.

In the chilly hours and minutes
Of uncertainty, I want to be
In the warm hold of your loving mind.

To feel you all around me
And to take your hand, along the sand
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When sundown pales the sky
I want to hide a while, behind your smile
And everywhere I'd look, your eyes I'd find.

For me to love you now
Would be the sweetest thing, 'twould make me sing
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

When rain has hung the leaves with tears
I want you near, to kill my fears
To help me to leave all my blues behind.

For standin' in your heart
Is where I want to be, and long to be
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.
Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind.

-Donovan, Catch the Wind

I don't know if I ever posted this link of the interview with Tony Campolo, but it's a good one. I want to read his book.

That's all I got. I have to give a presentation at lab meeting tomorrow that I haven't started yet. Yay for procrastination!

No comments: