Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Things I Hate Today

I hate being behind stuck behind a van going 10 miles under instead of 10 miles over the speed limit.

I hate when a car is making an illegal u-turn where there's no turn lane and I can't get around them because everyone behind me is pulling around them.

I hate that I could not get a green light to save my life this morning.

I hate killing myself to get here at 10am to meet someone and then they never show up.

I hate that no one in my lab answered their cell phones so I could tell someone that I was running a few minutes late.

I hate politics. I hate politicians.

I hate the Patriot Act, and how some genius stuck an anti-meth proposition as part of the Patriot Act renewal bill. So that anyone who votes against renewing the Patriot Act will later be spun as "not taking a stand against meth."

I hate the politics of the FDA that refuse to initiate a nationwide vaccination program against cervical cancer on the flawed and unproven theory that vaccinating young women against a STD will increase promiscuity and abortions.

I hate that there aren't 26 hours in a day in December.

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

Greetings! Sorry I had to come to your site in the middle of the things you hate. I saw a comment you made on Matt's poker blog and figured I'd check you out. Good question btw.

Anyway, maybe here's something to cheer you up. I saw the bands you like in your profile, particularly BNL. I've got a couple for you to check out. First is Great Big Sea (http://www.greatbigsea.com/), a Celtic/Folk/Rock band out of Newfoundland. They've toured with BNL before...that's how I found them. The other band is Carbon Leaf (http://www.carbonleaf.com/) out of Richmond, VA. A similar band, a little more on the folk rock side of things, but absolutely spectacular. They toured with Great Big Sea, and that's where I found them. Both bands, the music is spectacular and generally pretty upbeat. That's why I thought of them, reading about the things you hated. I thought you could use some cheer. Of course, it's approaching 1 a.m. here in San Diego, and I could be thinking lots of strange things. Don't let that frighten you, though. I'm harmless and you're on the other side of the country. You're safe. Think of some things you don't hate. There. I'm done preaching. If you want to preach back or whatever, find my blog. Night night.

Courtney said...

Thanks, I'm actually in a better mood today anyways. I've never heard of Great Big Sea, but Carbon Leaf came to my college several times and I have quite a few of their mp3s. They do a great live show. And no, I don't mind random people showing up here...I have a few regulars (including Jef) that comment on an occasional basis. As long as you have something good to say, I'm down with that!