Thursday, December 29, 2005

Today

Had lunch with Matt at Ruby Tuesdays.

Went to CVS for some hair stuff and new eyeliner.

I straightened my hair using the EasyStraight system. It's not as straight as I would have preferred, but it's definitely going to cut my work at least in half. I think I might give it a few extra minutes next time...I was having trouble determining the thickness of my hair, and decided to play it safe than risk going too long. So now instead of heavy kinks and curls (see photo at right), I have some loose waves in the back and at the ends. I'll have to see how it looks in a few days before deciding about a haircut...I can't wash my hair or use the straightening iron for 2 days.

I just realized that I should have taken a "before" and "after" picture, in the mirror or something. Oh well.

Watched girly movies and ate ice cream - Legally Blonde and Mona Lisa Smile, and Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, respectively.

In the process of making some enchiladas for dinner. Then who knows what?

Apparantly now we're going to Springfield tomorrow around 3:30. I need to finish my gift bags tonight, I suppose.

I wish my new clothes would get here. My stuff from Old Navy isn't slated for delivery until January 3rd. My JC Penney order *could* theoretically get to the catalogue department tomorrow for pickup, but it probably won't because I ordered one thing that had to be "transferred" from another warehouse so I'm supposed to allow an extra 1-3 business days on top of the standard 4-7 for delivery. And I'll have to wait another week before I can exchange two other shirts at Old Navy. But when all is said and done, I'll have 4 striped button down shirts (1 pink, 1 white, 2 blue), 3 long sleeved t-shirts (pink, white and red), a bright pink wrap top, two sweaters (pink and blue), a pink fleece pullover, and a blue knot-front long sleeved shirt. Along with the black long sleeved t-shirt and blue turtleneck sweater I got at Old Navy this week that actually fit, I think I'm done until summer. I love Christmas money.

Wow, my life has been boring this week.

UPDATE: You didn't really think that I was done shopping until summer, did you? :-) It's not that bad though...I only need about $225 more of clothes to complete my wardrobe. Matt said he'd buy me an iPod way back when if he won enough poker money, and now that I have an iPod I said I wanted clothes instead. He said that wasn't the deal. Booooooo!

No comments: