Sunday, December 04, 2005

Weekend Update

After much frustration, I (and Matt after I gave up) have my new IPod and ITunes set up.
IPod fully loaded with CD collection and mp3s = check.
(ERROR: I have 10.2G available on my IPod and only 8.1G available on my laptop hard drive.)
(Half an hour later: I got it up to 9.6G. I could free up another 600MB but I have to ask before i uninstall some stuff. I think I could get rid of several things that seem to be duplicates. Like the 4 older versions of Java runtime environment - seriously, is it not uninstalling the old one when it updates?)

Matt's holiday party was really nice, as usual. And the punk won a 15" flatscreen TV in the door prize drawing. We're going to get a wall shelf and put it in our bedroom - one more thing competing for our time :-)

Kim and Mike finally got engaged. Yay! I'm a bridesmaid. Yay! Stressed-out bridesmaids killing bridezillas is an acceptable insanity defense in thirteen states. Yay! I totally just made that last part up...or did I? Kim better behave herself :-)
-----
Holidays:
10 Dozen truffles (chocolate, almond, coconut, and vanilla eggnog) made = check.

One holiday party down, three to go. Did I mention that those three parties are all in THE SAME WEEK?

Still to do: finish ornaments, assemble gift bags, bake cookies, shopping and wrapping, put up the tree, mail packages and christmas cards.

Bring it on.

6 comments:

eric said...

congrats on the door prize! that's pretty awesome.

Matt Silverthorn said...

Thanks! I seem to be winning prizes all over the place lately. First the iPod and now this.

goodbye said...

I think not making you wear a brown dress is enough to grant me reprieves for any bridezilla moments. ;)

Courtney said...

Haha, except you offered me $50 tonight to wear one!

Matt Silverthorn said...

Brown dresses? Ewww...

goodbye said...

Hey, I think the $50 gives me even greater reprieve power!