Saturday, April 08, 2006

Don’t think that I can fake another hollow smile

On and on, the clouds have fought for control over the sky
And lately the weather has been so bipolar
And consequently so have I
Relient K - High of 75

Thursday: Went to the PostSecret exhibit/talk at the Rockville B&N. It was really cool. The author, Frank Warren, is a pretty unassuming and slightly nerdy guy. There's a neat article about him here. I really want to get the book, and two others - My Sister's Keeper and Black Boxes and Quantum Cats.

Friday: Thought I was going to have to work really late, but I made a critical planning error that ended up working out in my favor. I thought I was going to be rushing to do a 3 hour staining procedure on Friday afternoon (I couldn't start it until 2pm) but it turns out that you don't stain the cells until at least 48 hours after you irradiate them. So I got to put it off until Monday morning when I'll have much more time. I ended up getting to Let's Dish less than 15 minutes late, and still made it out a little early - with creme brulee french toast, thai flank steak, crab quesadillas, chicken marsala, cheese ravioli primavera, proscuitto-wrapped chicken, and philly steak sandwiches. Mmmmm.

Today we had lunch at the mall. I wanted to try on the dress I saw at ae.com (because I don't know what size to order) but they didn't have *any* dresses at the store. ANY. At all. Grrrr. I bought jelly bellies for the lab and a lilac bush for my garden plot at church.

No comments: