Wednesday, April 12, 2006

This is what style we bring

I know Steve needs this page to relieve his unbearable work-related boredom. It's nice to be needed. So, on with the links.

iTick flash drive - ew :-) I wouldn't buy this. Any takers?

Satanist teens charged after disrupting church service
- The article doesn't say exactly what they were charged with, so I don't know if this is a 1st amendment issue or not. But the author makes a pretty good point, I think.

Why Liz should not move to Missouri: Read this first. Then read this. Yes, I realize I'm painting with a pretty wide brush here. But wow.

I read a bit in an article about how the average courtship (dating + engagement) is 2 years 4 months, and how the closer yours is to average, the more likely your marriage is to do well. No surprises there. What surprised me was that the "earlies" tend to fare better than the "lates." The theory:
While both very fast and very slow to marry couples are more likely to divorce than couples with an average-length courtship, the whirlwind pairs tend to remain married longer than the feet-draggers, staying hitched more than seven years on average. Why? "They start off on such an emotional high of passion that they're reluctant to give it up when problems arise," Huston says. The drawn-out-courtship couples, on the other hand, "often hope marriage will improve their relationship, and when it doesn't, they quickly conclude it isn't going to work," he says.
Verrry interesting. Oh, and right here - 2 years, 7 months. Booyah :-)

From a Fark comment thread: "IVF kills more embryos than stem cell research by orders of magnitude." It's interesting to me where some people draw lines in the sand on issues like this.

Okay, so that should be plenty to think about for a day or two.

Well a line is just a line
But when you turn it all
It's just another line again
-VaCo

4 comments:

Matt Silverthorn said...

Why would anyone want a flash drive that became more cumbersome the more you use it. It's a stupid idea, and it will fail.

Courtney said...

I think the more important question is why would anyone want a flash drive that *looks like a tick*? Ew ew ew.

Izzo said...

Hey, Missouri's got good people. Did you read on about the fundraiser idea? I need a place with good people. I'm more concerned about the climate though. I'm not a fan of the humidity. So if you find an article about that, then I'll most definitely not go!

Jim said...

Like I told C earlier.. I think I'd buy the iTick, just to creep chicks out :D. That and 2GB isn't too shabby :).