Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I am worthless sounds

...compared to all your perfect words

Two music-related bits:

1. I was going through some old stuff on my laptop yesterday (the things you do without an internet connection) and I found a "mp3 wants" list from college. I only remembered the tune of like, two of the songs off the top of my head, but I knew that I must have really liked them at some point. So I went onto iTunes last night and bought them. I ended up with:

Son Volt - Drown
Uncle Kracker - In a Little While
Bree Sharp - Galaxy Song
Jeff Deyo - Let It Flow
Travis Tritt - Strong Enough to Be Your Man
Alison Krauss - Let Me Touch You For a While
The Badlees - Angeline is Coming Home

Once again, quite representative of my diverse tastes in music. Overall I've been quite pleased, and slightly nostalgic (as I don't think I've heard but maybe one of these songs in over three years).

2. I got Matt Matchbox Twenty's CD, Mad Season, last year. I realized that it would have been extremely appropriate for me to have had this CD in the fall of 2000, as I think it would have been coming from both sides of the coin at that time. A few snippets:

Tell me one more time
How you're sorry about the way this all went down
You needed to find your space
You needed to still be friends, you needed me to
Call you if I ever couldn't keep it all together you'd comfort me
Tell me 'bout forever and the promises I never should have believed
Here's what I'm thinking
It won't be the first heart that you break
You won't be the last beautiful girl
The one that you wrecked won't take you back
If you were the last beautiful girl in the world
-Beautiful Girl


It's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell
I'm not saying there wasn't nothing wrong
I just didn't think you'd ever get tired of me
I'm not saying we ever had the right to hold on
I just didn't wanna let it get away from me
-Leave


She said - while you were sleeping
I was listening to the radio and wondering what you're dreaming when
It came to mind that I didn't care
So I thought - hell if it's over
I had better end it quick or I could lose my nerve
Are you listening - can you hear me?
Have you forgotten?
-Rest Stop


Yeah.
80 days and counting.

I have another post to make but I forgot the picture I needed to scan at work today so I guess that one will have to wait until tomorrow.

3 comments:

goodbye said...

Have you heard the band Kutless? They're a christian rock band, and they are probably my most favorite band right now. Incredible sound, incredible lyrics. Their song "Strong Tower" is on my myspace page right now if you want to listen to a full song. "All of the Words" is also an EXCELLENT song by them. If you haven't heard of them, they're worth a listen. :)

I didn't know you liked country/folk. Cool! You might want to check out Peter Mayer's "Now Touch the Air Softly". It's a lovely song, and if you like Alison Krauss, you might like him. You may have already heard it, who knows. :)

(I deleted my first comment, because I forgot to add in my plug for Kutless. :)

Courtney said...

Yeah, I've heard of Kutless. And I have 154 country/folk songs on my ipod.

goodbye said...

Cool. You just didn't strike me as a country/folk kind of person. :)

Glad you've heard of Kutless. They're coming to Baltimore in Nov. I'm not a huge concert fan, but I just might go to that concert. (That's as close as they get to sburg.)