Wednesday, June 14, 2006

New plug-in

Matt Green told me to download the Last.fm bit for your computer. It keeps stats of what you listen to, etc. iTunes kind of does that already, but what I liked about Last.fm is that you can get a bit of code for your website that shows what you've been listening to. I had to pick a truncated box, because all the rest would extend outside the sidebar when a longer song title came up (which just looked ugly) but you can always click on the box to go to my Last.fm page.

And now on to the content.

Cute Kitten Video!

Speeches from the Webby awards (all winners were limited to 5-6 words each).

Creative problem-solving, from today's Ask Amy column:
I'm not even going to go into the "crack" problem. Actually, I solved that one myself by decorating cracks with flowers whenever I saw them peeking out from the waistband; apparently it's not pleasant to have a daisy stuck in your backside. It was my own urban beautification project and I'm proud!

Quote from the Fark.com thread regarding the two high school seniors that used Mein Kampf for their senior quotes:
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering (at the Nuremberg trials)

And there you have it, folks. Remember, Bimbo the Bear says "Eat Mo' 'nuts."


Ewwww...DONUTS, people! Geez.

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

Oh my god! I can't believe they have Bimbo in the US! It's the most popular bread brand here, though bimbo means nothing in Spanish.