Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Continuing to disappoint

"How come things disappoint us but don't appoint us?" - Me
(long pause)
"Because you broke English!" - Matt

UPS once again proves that they are teh suck. They tried to deliver a package yesterday at 2:30, even though no one is ever home during that time. I called last night around 11 to have them hold the package for pickup; the recording said that my package would be available from Tuesday to next Monday. Cue me in the UPS center this morning; no package. Apparantly I "called too late" and they "didn't get the message" and my package was out for delivery on the truck. Um, if there's a time cutoff for calling to have a package held, then why didn't you tell me that it wouldn't be available until Wednesday? So now I've wasted 50 minutes of my morning (30 of those waiting around the house because the place doesn't open until 9:30am). They told me to come back between 8:15 and 9pm tonight. So I did, and there are 8 people in front of me and of course as usual only one person working the counter. Rawr rawr rawr. But I did finally get my stuff. Now the weather just needs to cooperate so I can wear it!

I saw a bumper sticker today that said "1-20-08: The End." I googled it, thinking it was one of those "the world is going to end" things. It turned out to be a countdown to the end of Bush's presidency. The had some funny (mostly photoshopped) pictures of him on there as well. My favorite:


It's kitten-on-the-cob! Anyway, moving on to other things. The best comment I saw on Fark last night was in the thread about John Mark Karr being exonerated from the murder of Jon-Benet Ramsey through DNA evidence. In response to the (rhetorical) statement "I saw this coming from a mile away..." IXI Jim IXI gives us this gem:
Hell, dead people saw this coming a mile away. And not even the shuffling, "braaaainnnsss" kind of dead people either. I'm talking about the dead people with the common decency to lie down and stay dead...

Well said.

Alright, I'm off to finish this tasty pork barbeque on ciabatta bread. Chow! (teeheehee)

Look around me, I can see my life before me
Running rings around the way it used to be
I am older now, I have more than what I wanted
But I wish that I had started long before I did

And there's so much time to make up everywhere you turn
Time we have wasted on the way
So much water moving underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away

Oh, when you were young did you question all the answers?
Did you envy all the dancers who had all the nerve?
Look around you now, you must go for what you wanted
Look at all my friends who did and got what they deserved

And there's so much time to make up everywhere you turn
Time we have wasted on the way
So much water moving underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away

And there's so much love to make up everywhere you turn
Love we have wasted on the way
So much water moving underneath the bridge
Let the water come and carry us away
-Crosby Stills and Nash

No comments: