Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Look out, Bank of America

You're ON NOTICE.


So I went to the bank today to pick up my foreign currency that I ordered last week. Apparantly you can't do that at the regular teller window, so I had to wait about 25 minutes for one of the customer service people. I get back there and tell her that I needed to pick up a foreign currency order. She says she doesn't think they've received a shipment, and calls two desks in the bank to ask if they've gotten one. Then she calls up my account and verifies that the transaction was debited from my account (on the 31st). So she calls the BoA foreign currency center to try to track my order. After 10 minutes or so on hold, she finally gets through to someone who looks up my order and said that it was processed, and that they'll try to track it using the FedEx number. Another 10 minutes go by, before someone finally comes back on the phone and tells the bank rep I'm with that the FedEx tracking says it was delivered on September 1, and was signed for by....the bank rep I'm talking to. So now she's frantically searching file drawers, her desk, etc. She can't find it. So she apologized profusely and said that she would immediately reorder it, and not charge me the handling/delivery fee. But the only problem is that I won't be able to pick it up until Monday. So if there are any additional problems, then I'm not going to have any cash with me on this trip. Needless to say, after an hour of bank trauma I was pretty unhappy. Grrrr.

But, the day got better. I finished the baby blanket I was working on last night (forgot to take a picture though - it was light green and navy blue fleece squares with a white back, and a fleece "B" on one corner). We went to see Sean and Jen and baby Bennett and to drop off some food from Let's Dish that I had made when I went last night. Ben didn't like me so much...he took to Matt a lot better. He's so little! And pretty good-looking for a 5-day old baby...I hear sometimes they can look a little lumpy at first. And then we went to Chili's for dinner, which was nice.

We took our 2006 lab photo today - we're really grown over the past year:


(Back row: Leslie, Byungwoo, Dave, Amena, Jason, Nick; Front row: Swathi, Megan, Raka, Rhoda, me, Staci)

Oh, and one more - the August birthday girls:


Aww.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If worse comes to worse you can just bring traveler's checks and change them to euros over there. Then if you have extra you don't have to reconvert them to dollars to use when you get home. Currency stations are everywhere.

-Staci