Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am a rock, I am an island

It's been tough to motivate myself to blog lately.

So, Saturday was fun. We went to Carly and Eric's place for ultimate frisbee, and ended up with 9 people - Dan brought his friend Simon and his cousin John (who were both really cool) and Chris Kessler came, who I hadn't seen in at least 5 years. Matt, Kessler, John and I were pitted against Carly, Dan, Nate, Tito and Simon. Even though we were short-handed we won the first game easily, 7-2. The second game was much tougher, but we still managed to pull off a 7-5 win. Pwnage!

Eric, Jeremy, Ashley, and Randi came after the ultimate frisbee. We threw stuff on the grill and were going to watch the VT-Kent State game, but it turned out that C and E didn't have ESPNU, so we watched the Maryland-Miami game (John and Simon had both gone to UMD). Then we watched the end of the Florida-South Carolina game, and then the end of the Cal-Arizona game.

Carly deemed me MVP (I did catch the game-winning pass in the second game) and apparently I'm also funny. We were talking about bisexuals, and I said "I don't get bisexuals...it's this or that, not a chinese menu." And then when I was describing Scary Gay Doug from high school and how he had a crush on Seth and sent cookies to him, Eric or Randi asked "Seth didn't want to be Scary Gay Seth?" and I responded "Seth is probably the least gay person I know...he's bizarro gay." We went over to Matt Green's afterward to get ice cream and play video games - Guitar Hero, which was cool, and Smash Bothers, which was stupid. And then when we left, Matt had a flat tire, so that was fun. I had to stand outside and shine my iPod on the wheel because we didn't have a flashlight.

I didn't feel well on Sunday so I stayed home from church and slept until 12:15, and then spent pretty much the rest of the day on the couch watching TV. Today was pretty rotten too - I had a three-day experiment planned, and when I took my cells over to the irradiator I found out that they had put a card swipe on the door and neglected to tell anyone. So there's a whole day wasted there. Then I stayed at work an extra hour and a half because I had a meeting at 7pm, but no one ever showed up. Nice.

I suppose we're going to go see the new James Bond movie this weekend...plus there's the VT-Wake Forest game. I'm torn in this week's ESPN picks - as much as I'd like VT to win, I just don't think I can pick them over Wake Forest. Le sigh.

Linkies:
A guy is arrested at a TSA checkpoint because of his super scary rubber band ball.
Robot jokes are funny.
Does the show "Lost" need to be fixed?
Katamari Damacy halloween costume - Matt Green said he'd date her.

And a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.
-Simon and Garfunkel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are damn right, I'm the manliest ungay man there ever was.

Seth