Monday, January 22, 2007

New Habits?

I started doing two things today.

The first was "morning pages" - three handwritten, stream-of conscious pages in the AM. Basically a brain-drain of sorts, to get all the extraneous stuff out so you can focus on more important things.

The second was a "flatter belly" workout. It's 30 minutes of cardio 5x a week (I count my brisk walking around campus as cardio so that helped me fit it all in) and then 10 minutes of either yoga (2 days), strength training (2 days), or core abdominal moves (1 day). 186 days until vacation!

I also started my second online class, Technology Transfer and Commercialization. It's a good thing I'm a fast reader, because there is an *enormous* amount of reading for that class. But no quizzes or tests, which is nice.

2 comments:

Izzo said...

I wish I could jump on the flat stomach train...but I keep missing it. Or jumping off after about thirty seconds. It's so funny because I could run ten miles no problem, and I could do a bunch of chin-ups...but to do something that's your typical gym-my kinda exercise, like cruches or weights or lunges, blah! I'd rather scoop out my eyeball with an ice cream spoon. Ewww, graphic. I broke my foot on Christmas Eve (don't ask me how, it's embarrasing) and it's been inconvenient for work and life in general, but it gets me out of alot of things I wouldn't wanna do. Like shoveling. I'm getting off topic here. Basically, flat stomachs are hot on girls. I'm not a lesbian or anything, I just think so. You're hot. Okay, I'm done.

Courtney said...

Thanks... :-) Basically, I'm happy with my weight number but am feeling a little flabby in spots. And this year we're vacationing at the beach instead of skiing, so I won't have five layers of clothes to hide under!