Thursday, February 15, 2007

Today = not such a good day

Let's recap.

It took 90 minutes, several buckets of hot water, two ice scrapers, tire chains and a few good pushes to get my car out of the parking space this morning. We couldn't get Matt's car out at all.

My wireless internet is out at work AGAIN.

For some reason, my windshield wipers aren't working. The motor tries, and they move an inch or two, but that's it.

I cut the crap out of my index finger on something.

I got a letter in the mail from Hopkins saying that my payroll info (name, DOB, SSN, bank account/routing numbers) was on one of 9 tapes that were sent for archiving and inexplicably never made it to the contractor. After investigating the incident, they *think* that they were mistakenly incinerated somewhere en route, but have no conclusive evidence.

Cavalier Telephone is charging us a federal excise tax. This is wrong on two counts. First, the tax is only supposed to be on long distance service, which we don't have. Second, the tax was abolished (we finished paying for the war of 1812 a long time ago) and a retroactive credit was offered on 2006 tax returns for past taxes paid...which I didn't take on our return because it very clearly said that the tax was for long distance service only.

Sigh.

No comments: