Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The weather is most certainly a factor

So, that was quite a bit of precipitation. I'd say that we got about 2" of snow/ice/sleet (and we may get up to another inch by tomorrow morning). As of right now, the plows haven't even come through our neighborhood.

I made spice pancakes, and have mostly just been working on class reading today. It's been pretty chill. No plans for tonight. I got Matt the new Switchfoot CD.

Speaking of pancakes, how about free pancakes! B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bunny).

I start sentences with "So," a lot.

The spa thing in PA didn't work out. Seriously people, when did President's Day become code for Spa Day? Four places completely booked for three solid days. Bleh. Matt let me take the money I would have spent this weekend and get a gift certificate to the Red Door Spa in Gaithersburg. So on March 3rd, I'll be getting three hours of pampering - a shea butter body wrap, a facial, and a manicure. I'm also hoping to be able to save up enough money between now and beach vacation to go back and get a body scrub and pedicure before we leave.

I can't type the word "pampering" without thinking of diapers.

When I was buying the spa gift certificate the other day, I asked out loud, "Is it weird that I'm buying my own Valentine's day present?" Jason said "No, that makes you a SAINT."

That's all I got for now.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Carly said...

You should just come over to my house for pedicures. I do home pedicures incredibly well (at least, I've only ever gotten compliments on the pedis I do myself, and never after having gone to get them done). It would cost whatever you want to spend on your polish color :-)