Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bracket Madness

So we're up to the Elite Eight. I correctly picked 7/8 teams (had Texas A&M over Memphis). The Ohio State-Memphis game is now irrelevant to my bracket since I had advanced Texas A&M to the Final Four. After tonight my bracket is 40-16.

As I mentioned in my last post, we had some unforeseen traveling tonight. We actually caught the very end of the Georgetown-Vanderbilt game on AM radio while in the car. The announcer was nuts. Georgetown had possession and was down by one point when they called a timeout at 14.2 seconds. They took the ball in, scored a basket, and Vandy had about two seconds left to respond. They missed. The announcer goes crazy: "No basket! No basket! No basket! No basket! No basket! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win! Hoyas win!" I'm totally not exaggerating. It was like something straight out of Family Guy. And it only got more comical as they replayed it three or four times in the post-game discussion.

No comments: