Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Can you dream without sleeping?

It seems odd to talk about mundane things, but here it is anyways.

When I got my first radio (2nd or 3rd grade, I believe) I used to use the sleep function so I could listen to it when I was in bed. It was the first time I ever really listened to pop music. Out of all the songs, I really remember two. One was Roy Orbison's "Anything You Want." The other, I always thought was by Debbie Gibson. The only words I could ever remember from it were "radio, radio romance..." I tried looking on the internet several times in the past but could never find it. After a while, I started to wonder if I had made it up. Turns out when I looked today, that it's a Tiffany song. Success.

I ran into (not quite literally but almost) a pedestrian accident waiting to happen yesterday. I was on Broadway crossing Monument with a green signal on the crosswalk sign. Three steps into the intersection, I realize that the cars on Monument are starting to move. Hustle hustle. When I get to the other side of the street I realized that the crosswalk signal is somehow *rotated 90 degrees* so that the signal facing me was actually the one that was supposed to be for people on Monument crossing Broadway (and thus my signal is facing up Monument, away from traffic). It was fixed today.

I made an awesome salad last night. It was sweet baby lettuce mix, candied pecans, dried cranberries, goat cheese, and red wine vinaigrette. Yum. I brought it for lunch today too. And why is there an "a" in vinaigrette? There's no "a" there in vinegar. Crazy spelling.

I've written 5 of the 10 required pages for my project. I'm not sure if I slept last night. Those two sentences are not related. I have 3.5 more days to work on it. Then Louisiana.

No comments: