Monday, April 23, 2007

Day One

Well, my feet hurt.

But other than that, it was a good day. Hot. I think it got up to around 84 but it felt much hotter. I was debating wearing shorts tomorrow, but I kind of liked having something between my knees and the ground, as little as it was.

There are four houses being built on our site, and at the end of day 1, our team is "winning." We got all the (prefabbed) interior and exterior walls in place, the front porch overhang up, and about 80% of the house covered in that foam sheeting stuff. I don't know what it's really called, but I sure nailed a lot of it down in the afternoon:


In the morning, I was the staple-gun mama-jama:


It turns out I'm also really good at holding things:


I'll have more pictures up tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm the point person for everyone's memory cards so I should have a bunch to choose from.

I've eaten so much fried food in the past two days, that all I wanted to eat tonight at dinner was a salad.

And no, I did not get sunburned today. Which I believe is a pretty amazing feat for being outside from 7am-4pm.

No comments: