Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not amused

I was late to work today (why do things only make me late when I have to be somewhere at a certain time? Is this like always finding something in the last place you look?) I, along with 15 other cars, got trapped behind a farm vehicle taking up 3/4 of the road (so that oncoming traffic had to drive on the shoulder/grass to get by) averaging 15-20mph for NINE MILES.

Now I know that I am from podunk KG and the definition of "traffic" is getting stuck behind a farm vehicle. But at least in Virginia they have the courtesy to pull over once 4-6 cars stack up behind them.

Also, I saw one of those "Baby on Board" signs in someone's car window and it made me wonder if people actually take those things down when they don't have their baby with them. I'd hate to think of a rescue worker going back into a burning vehicle thinking there's still a baby trapped inside because they saw one of those signs. That's what they're there for, right?

I'm planning on "spring cleaning" this weekend...washing windows, organizing closets, finishing the bathroom vanity, etc. Anyone want to come over and help? :-)

No comments: