Saturday, June 16, 2007

Title changed because me no speak English good

I went to Let's Dish today (Matt came too). It was my 30th session. When we came in, one of the girls came over for the standard "Hello, welcome to Let's Dish, have you been here before?" spiel. I always chuckle when this happens, and tell them that yes, I've been here before. Today, this guy comes over to the greeter and says to her in kind of a hushed voice "No, that's The Thirty..." and she gets this awed look on her face and says "Ohhh, this is your 30th visit, we have a special surprise for you!" I got a free dessert and a $25 gift certificate. Matt thought the whole thing was hilarious and called me The Thirty for the rest of the visit. As in "The Thirty requires more hamburgers" or "Move aside, The Thirty would like to use this station now" or "The Thirty is ready to check out." I lol'd. But seriously, I love that place. The Thirty says go to Let's Dish!

2 comments:

Matt Silverthorn said...

Why is the title of this "It Never Fails to Disappoint"? What is disappointing about it?

Courtney said...

Wow, bad grammar on my part. What it conveyed in my head was apparently not what English means.

Stupid English :-)