Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer Reading

I took advantage of Borders/Waldenbooks' "buy three get one free" sale today. Since I'm going to be having a good bit of free time coming up with vacation at the end of July, plus rather long flights and layovers to and from Aspen in two weeks. So in addition to finishing The Screwtape Letters (C.S. Lewis) and the rest of the short stories in Everything's Eventual (Stephen King), I now have the following to tackle:
~ The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
~ Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
~ Lisey's Story by Stephen King
~ The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (and apparently Matt says I'm not allowed to read this one until I read Brimstone and Dance of Death, which we already have)

Good thing I'm a fast reader :-)

2 comments:

kim said...

The Memory Keeper's Daughter made me cry. It's a really good read. Memoirs of a Geisha is really good, too.

Courtney said...

I don't think I've ever cried from a book. Not even My Sister's Keeper.

I was actually initially drawn to The Memory Keeper's Daughter because I thought it was by the same author as The Time Traveler's Wife. Wasn't, but it still sounded interesting enough in its own right.

If you haven't read The Time Traveler's Wife, do so. It's very good :-)