Sunday, September 09, 2007

It is finished!!


One thousand pieces in all its glory. Can you believe it actually took longer to get the framing completed than it did to actually do the puzzle? Michaels messed up the mat order; instead of giving me a 28x19 mat they entered a 28x19 image, to which the computer automatically added a 2" border. I ended up taking it because it still looked okay on the bigger mat and I didn't want to send it back to have it recut and wait another two weeks. So I just exchanged the framing pieces I had bought for bigger ones.

I'm not sure if it's obvious from the picture - the matting is midnight blue, 2 1/2", with a 1/4" black frame.

5 comments:

Carly said...

It looks sooo different from this perspective!

Courtney said...

Yes, it looks like art...and not frustration :-)

Eric said...

i'm quite impressed/jealous that you actually framed that thing. i always say i'm going to frame completed puzzles, but rarely do.

Michael said...

I placed at least two pieces and I demand credit!

;)

Courtney said...

Eric - I have extra ModgePodge and would be happy to frame things for you for ever so slightly above cost :-)

Mike - Yes, those two pieces you placed were absolutely fabulous. Thank you for your help! Otherwise, it would have been a 998 piece puzzle :-)