Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Updates

1. I have got to say, the people at Nationwide have been SUPER nice in all my dealings with them so far. If we ever need to switch insurance companies, they're at the top of the list in my book.

2. Further damage - not apparent from the pictures, but the back frame (underneath the very large dent in the bumper) is bent in a good bit, and the gas tank door is no longer flush with the side of the car. Actually, I guess you can see that in the second picture, but I didn't notice it until I got gas today. (Upon additional examination, I found that this is due to the fact that the right rear quarter-panel is bent in. There's also a small dent in the right rear door; the wheel well is likely bent outwards). Amazingly though, not a single light bulb was broken.

3. I did end up with some delayed-onset neck pain - because my head went back during the impact, the muscle on the front left side of my neck is fairly sore today. Nothing a few ibuprofen can't fix so far.

4. Driving through the intersection where it happened, there are tire tracks from my car where I was pushed forward, but no tire tracks behind them from his van.

5. I don't have a rental car yet, because Nationwide wasn't able to get in touch with the guy who hit me yesterday, but they assured me that it would be taken care of by the end of the business day today.

6. People do not tailgate you when the back of your car is smashed in. I don't know if they feel sorry for you, or if they think you're the type of person to slam on the brakes suddenly, but it's been nice.

4 comments:

Matt Silverthorn said...

LOL at #6. I'm sure it's the latter.

Carly said...

I use nationwide. They have amazing discounts.

Robyn said...

Glad to hear you're okay! I hope it's all over with as quickly as possible...

Courtney said...

Thanks :-) Nationwide gets + points for niceness, but - points for efficiency. I guess you get what you pay for?