Saturday, January 05, 2008

You're doing it wrong

Criminal rule #63: If you're going to kidnap some guy's dog for a $600 ransom, don't tell the guy you're going to kill the dog anyways BEFORE you get the money.

Punk-ass kid got arrested, dog is still missing. (link)

----------

I had my first real session at Recording For the Blind and Dyslexic (RFBD) today. It looks like it's going to be a fun experience. You have to learn how to "direct" before you can start recording, so that's what I'm doing now. Directing simply means following along in the book being read to check for reader mistakes, monitoring the voice levels, and running the recording software. More interesting than simply passively listening in on someone else. Oh, and I'm 2-0 on training with "awkward chapters." During my orientation session, I was listening in to an older guy reading from an EMT training manual...the chapter on human reproductive anatomy. Today, the girl I was working with was reading from a book called The Nine, about the Supreme Court justices. You may wonder what kind of chapter I could find in there - it was discussing a Texas case taken up by SCOTUS on whether or not states had the right to criminalize sexual behavior (specifically homosexual behavior) between consenting adults.

Only in Texas.

It was still an interesting chapter.

No comments: