Sunday, June 22, 2008

1827 days later...

M and I have been married for five whole years! And didn't kill each other! :-D

It's been a fantastic time. Plenty of ups and downs, plenty of triumphs and a few heartbreaks - such is the road of life, and I couldn't have picked a better co-captain for my trip through the past half-decade (it sounds soooo long when you say it that way). We've accomplished so much together in such a short time.

We finally got to open our time capsule wedding gift when we got home from Nicole and Mike's wedding (slightly after midnight). As per our instructions, it sat in a "visible location" for the past year:

We cracked the box open at around 12:10am:

It was a good thing we didn't try to open it before the allowed time!

The contents:

Included, among other things, are our wedding invitation and program, a booklet and sand/seashells from the place we stayed at in the Keys, an invite from one of my showers, a card from the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner, glasses and t-shirts from Kabuki's in Blacksburg the first night we met, photos, and the CD that has our first dance song on it.

We went to Mortons for dinner, which was yummy as always. Matt ordered me a Garmin Nuvi 350, which should be here in a few days - he had brought up the subject on the way down to Birmingham, but I told him I wasn't sure. That was before we got lost approximately six times because there was a severe sign shortage in Birmingham. I'm rather looking forward to the GPS now. I got Matt the new Coldplay CD, V For Vendetta two ways (novel and DVD) and a squishy neck pillow of his own because he kept stealing mine on the train last weekend.

Happy Anniversary, luv!

3 comments:

ccnusbaum said...

What a seriously awesome gift. I have GOT to keep that in mind!

one of my new years resolutions was to keep a better track of friends birthdays and anniversaries and what not. I'm half-way there--I have a card for you guys, but never dropped it in the mail. Can't blame a girl for trying! I actually bought the card after leaving your house last time we were there (when we watched Usual Suspects) -- I saw your anni date on the picture in your bathroom and was like - Sweet! I haven't missed it!

Courtney said...

That's so cute :-)

Steve H. said...

Happy Anniversary! Congrats guys - I am very glad for you!
- Steve