Thursday, June 26, 2008

Huzzah!

There is finally an update to Morning Coffee for Firefox 3!!

Now if I could just get my iFox theme back, I'd be 95% happy.

----------

Completely unrelated, but I just saw this and found it interesting. One of the arguments against a genetic component of homosexuality is "Since gay men cannot (naturally) breed, why hasn't the gene become extinct?" There's a study that was just published in PLos ONE that suggests a theory that a gene for homosexuality in men may be "sexually antagonistic" - that is, provide a reproductive benefit to only one sex, and a reproductive detriment to the other. They found that maternal female relatives of gay men had higher reproduction rates than paternal female relatives, and the inverse was true for straight men. You may not be able to get to the PLoS article, since I'm accessing this from a Hopkins-networked computer and may be reading it through our subscription service. There's a summary of the article on Slate, and if you'd like to look at the original article I'd be happy to download it and send you a copy.

No comments: