Monday, July 07, 2008

Plz stop breaking my internet, kthxbai

Seriously.

I switched back to Firefox 2 because Firefox 3 kept crashing itself and/or my computer. Yeah yeah, add-ons, blah blah blah. All I know is that Firefox hasn't crashed and I haven't had to restart my computer since I downgraded, AND I have all my preferred add-ons and my iFox theme AND stuff like the "favorite this" button on ICHC works again.

So now what? I use My Yahoo as my home page. They've been nagging me for months to switch to the "New My Yahoo" (and they've conveniently already moved my page over). But one of my modules keeps track of my current Evite invitations and lets me see when others have RSVP'd. There is no Evite module in the "New My Yahoo." Also, the New My Yahoo doesn't have the RSS feeds for my favorite PF blogs. So, I just kept my old My Yahoo page. Now there's a banner at the top of my home page saying "This version of My Yahoo will shut down in 7 days. Don't worry, we've already moved your page over to the New My Yahoo." They even have the audacity to tell me that my page is "changing (in a good way!)" Jerks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone in this annoyance. Maybe it's time for us both to switch to iGoogle.

Courtney said...

Hmm, I'll have to check that out! I started using My Yahoo when Google was little more than a search engine. I hear it's got a lot more bells and whistles now, so maybe it's time for an overhaul.