Sunday, July 06, 2008

T-minus 19 days

Until vacation!

We had a nice 4th. Went over to Matt's fam for ribs and other barbecue/food. I brought baked beans and blueberry angel food cupcakes (topped with whipped cream and strawberries). Let me tell you, I was totally unprepared for how many cupcakes one box of angel food cake mix made (almost 3 dozen!) After dinner we went over to Carly's parents' to see the fireworks (just a little ways of a walk up the W&OD trail from their house) and then to C&E's for a while. It was the first real test of the Garmin Nuvi, and I can say it passed with flying colors.

Oh, and we bought the dishwasher! Happy Birthday, America! It'll be here on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it. Anything would be better than our current disaster.

I got an e-mail about a week or so ago about Let's Dish stores in Montgomery County closing :-( The GM for the mid-Atlantic region contacted me personally to express how disappointed he was that customers like me would be inconvenienced. I told him that I would be going to the store in Columbia for at least the next few months, and he said he'd let the store manager there know to take care of me. That was super awesome.

The ASPCA commercial always makes me cry. I want to hug all the kitties! Especially the orange one at the end that tries to paw the camera. And the white lab that sticks his nose under the bottom of his cage. We (meaning I) signed up for a monthly donation at their website. How people can do things like that to animals absolutely boggles my mind.

I actually got 1/4th of my data from my mad rush to the finish line on the irradiation project! Due to get the second fourth tomorrow. I'm taking Tuesday off - have some writing projects that need to be worked on, plus I was there until 7-8pm just about every day last week (and I was in last Sunday too).

No comments: