Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Photo

I went to Rite Aid after work to pick up the photo print. They didn't have it. The guy behind the counter (who was very hard to understand) walked around holding my confirmation paper (that said 2-3 days; I had ordered on Monday night and got my "shipping" confirmation e-mail at 2:45am Tuesday morning) mumbling to himself and then pointing at a printer on the floor, telling me "it would be on that printer."

Five minutes later, he finally says "It's not here. Maybe somebody threw it out." I'm like, you're a photo center - why would anybody throw PHOTOS out. Then he starts asking me repeatedly about my memory card, although I had already explained twice that I didn't bring in a memory card, I ordered online (bringing the memory card wouldn't have done any good anyways, as their kiosk was out of order).

So now I'm trying to figure out from him what I should do - do I need to re-order my print? Why does it take three days to make an 8x10 print anyways? He says "You should call tomorrow, maybe it'll be here then."

Good grief.

2 comments:

ccnusbaum said...

Have you ever tried using Snapfish or MyPhotoAlbum or anything? As soon as I found out about them I never looked back. They're cheap, they have great quality prints, and they're delivered right to your house. And points you earn = free prints! If you haven't tried a site like that, I'd suggest seeing how it works for you.

Courtney said...

I haven't tried either of those. The thing is, I do it so infrequently that a points system wouldn't do much for me...I literally get maybe 2-3 prints a year tops.