Saturday, August 09, 2008

Puzzle success 2008

It is finished!

I finally got around to pulling out the card table (actually I *had* it out but had to put it away again because Matt McHugh stayed with us Friday night). There were about 50 pieces or so left from our work at the beach - I tried to finish it the last night we were there, but it was down to just me working on it at like 1:45am so I decided to call it a night. Still deciding on a mat and frame color - I'm thinking a wood frame and either a light green or reddish mat, to pick out some of the colors in the puzzle? We'll have to go to Michaels and see.

We went to the Germantown rec. area this afternoon after I got back from RFBD and played their incredibly difficult putt putt course (I love that it's only $4.50 per person!) It's a par 42, and we got a 65 and a 68 (Matt won). Then we walked one of the paved trail loops afterwards. Matt took a nap when we got home, and after I had put in a load of laundry I decided today was the day I was going to finish the puzzle!

We've already been talking about the puzzle options for next year - perhaps one of Monet's "Waterlilies," perhaps another Van Gogh; Matt suggested Salvadore Dali's "Persistance of Memory." All very good choices, in my opinion.

I've been watching MHD tonight. I'm pleased to report that Paul McCartney still has it; I'm disappointed to report that Pete Townshend does not.

No comments: