Monday, September 08, 2008

Fantasy Football

Well, we had the worst week 1 out of any team in our league. Half of our team put up a combined total of 10 points: Brady - 3, Ocho Cinco - 2.5, Holmes - 2, Cooley - 0.5, Seahawks D/ST - 2. Bleh.

Ch-ch-ch-changes! We're obviously dropping Tom Brady (guh, what a disappointment) but we don't know for whom yet. We'll play Delhomme next week and see how some of the current free agents do, since we don't actually have to pick up a second QB until mid-season. We'll switch out Chris Cooley for Jeremy Shockey since Jason Campbell doesn't seem to have it together yet. Ahmad Bradshaw was complete deadweight for us. We've dropped him and will have Matt Forte by the end of the week. We'll pull Ocho Cinco and put him in, and possibly switch out Santonio Holmes for Calvin Johnson. We'll have to see. But I don't think we could do worse than this week (69 points!)

-----

According to my Facebook Countdowns, I have 56 days left to get my research done before Rhoda wants me to update my committee. Sigh. So far so good though, although it's only been 13 work days since my meeting. I'm just trying to get through each day and cross off everything on my to-do list for that day. I obviously have a master calendar, but if I try to go hard-core more than about 2 days into the future it's too overwhelming.

5 comments:

Eric said...

don't feel too bad about the 69 point week. we had a guy in my other league get 35. and that's a league you have to pay for!

Courtney said...

WOW. What happened?

Matt Silverthorn said...

Tom Brady happened.

Courtney said...

Actually, Eric said it was Kevin Curtis and Willis McGahee - they're both injured this past week and the dude didn't switch them out for other players.

Matt Silverthorn said...

That's probably Tom Brady's fault somehow.