Tuesday, September 09, 2008

FY08

I got a letter from RFBD on their fiscal year statistics. While I was only with them for half the year, I'm pleased to be able to contribute to their success. I've volunteered about 50 hours so far!

From the letter:
Our volunteers recorded more finished product than ever before: 8,646 hours. To achieve this, 425 volunteers gave 22,280.38 hours of their time in the recording studio - and this skilled work is valued at $58 per hour, equaling $1,292,262 in donated services - a record.
$58 per hour? Clearly I'm in the wrong line of work, seeing as how I'm currently paid about $14 per hour. Now if I could only deduct that $2900 from my taxes!

1 comment:

Steve Noble said...

Hi Courtney,

Thanks so much for your time as a volunteer at RFB&D (Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic). It is a wonderful organization. I also volunteer with RFB&D as a member of the Board of Directors at the Kentucky Unit. I might also mention to all your readers that if they live near an RFB&D recording studio, some may want to consider also volunteering in the process to produce even more books. Every hour counts, and there’s always room for more! Here’s a place to find out about an RFB&D Unit near you:
http://www.rfbd.org/nationalunits.htm

Steve Noble
RFB&D Kentucky Unit Board of Directors
Learning Disabilities Association of America National Board
Immediate Past President, Learning Disabilities Association of Kentucky
Steve.noble@louisville.edu
502-969-3088