Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Progress update and The Un-Concert

First, the graph:
That right there is 21 days of work (since August 21st). That's a LOT of stuff. I have one more assay to count for #3, ten more western blots, and that dumb promoter assay (#4) that I don't even know where I'm going to be able to read yet.

----------

"Hey Honey, remember that time we paid $90 to not see the Allman Brothers Band?"

We went to Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia tonight to see the Allman Brothers Band. The concert started at 6pm. The "opening" band was Phil Lesh, who apparently was one of the founding members of The Grateful Dead. Phil Lesh apparently has only five songs, each of them approximately 25 minutes in length. Phil Lesh played for TWO HOURS AND TEN MINUTES, by which time the 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms had turned into a monsoon. We waited in the rain for nearly 45 minutes, until my pants were soaked from hem to thigh, we were in real danger of being struck by lightening, and there was still no Allman Brothers Band. We left just before 9pm cold, soaking wet, hungry (did I mention that we hadn't eaten yet?) and livid. I don't think I had actually ever felt livid before in my life, until tonight. $90 down the drain. I won't even go into the horrible service at dinner afterwards, except to say that by the time they brought out salmon instead of my barbequed shrimp, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I guess we should have gone to see the BSO Superpops instead :-(

No comments: