Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Archives

Websites for which I have read (or am reading) the archives:

- Stuff White People Like
- Sexy People
- Sorry I Missed Your Party
- Cat and Girl (still working on this one)
- Natalie Dee
- Married To The Sea
- Superpoop

I also scrubbed the bathtub (yesterday) and the kitchen floor (today). Got my mile time down to 11:50 and my 3K down to 22:22. I've had a bit of shin pain in my left leg, I think from my feet rolling inwards (stupid arches). Since I can't afford new shoes at the moment, I decided to try a pair of arch support orthotics ($18). I'm planning on going to the rec center tomorrow to run inside since it's going to be below freezing for the next 3-4 days, so I'll give them a try and see what happens. In the meantime, I did the Wii Fit strength training full spin today and even used added hand weights on some of the exercises.

3 comments:

ccnusbaum said...

I think it's called pronated(feet rolling inward). It's super common, and if a place like Footsteps figures it out for you, they'll try to sell you a $200 pair of running shoes.

Courtney said...

You are correct in the terminology :-) It causes the muscles on the front of the leg to overwork, thus the shin pain. And yeah, I definitely can't afford a $200 pair of shoes - that's four months allowance! I'm hoping the shoe inserts will help.

Matt Silverthorn said...

I wonder if that's why I get shin splints...