Monday, January 12, 2009

Funemployment, Day 21

I have officially been jobless for three weeks now. It's actually been a good bit of a breather. Had some time to sleep in a bit in the mornings, working on some cleaning projects that I wouldn't normally do on a regular basis (today I cleaned off the top of my dresser) and have been spoiling Matt by having dinner ready when he gets home and clean clothes in his closet/drawers all the time. My days have been more or less the same: getting up between 9:30 and 10am, spending 20-30 minutes in front of my lamp while reading my daily bible assignment, coffee and then doing the "daily" housework - dishes, making the bed, etc. Throw in my extra daily cleaning project (tomorrow I'm taking care of all the filing/shredding) before lunch. I've been working out after lunch (either running or the wii fit) and then putzing around reading or watching TV or whatever until Matt calls to let me know he's on his way home and I start dinner. I have bible study on Wednesday nights and have been volunteering on Friday afternoons as well as Saturday mornings (which helps me keep track of what day it is, haha).

In addition to the Nike+iPod system, I have two other great programs on my iPod. The first is Lose It (free), which I've been using to keep track of everything I eat and how much I exercise. It's very simple to use and I like knowing that I'm not constantly overeating now (especially this past weekend, where we went to dinner parties three days in a row). The second is Habits, for which I paid $0.99 and enjoy immensely. It's just a simple little program that lets you enter habits you'd like to track and how often you want to do them, and then reminds you when each habit is "due" and keeps track of how often you do them on time or skip them. I'm currently 100% on flossing right now, for example, which is quite an accomplishment.

I currently have 18 active resumes out at the moment, and one of my "habits" is to apply to one new posting per week.

My best mile is down to 12:39, which is pretty good considering a) I can't even remember the last time I ran prior to this year, b) I've only ran four times so far, and c) three of the four times I've run further than just one mile. I ran at Bohrer Park today, which was pretty nice. And flatter than our neighborhood! I'm planning on running there again tomorrow, and I'm torn between trying the 3K again or just running a mile to see how fast I can do it. Decisions, decisions!

I got my shirt (see below) in the mail the other day and wore it to dinner Sunday night. I couldn't believe that nobody said anything about it!

No comments: