Friday, April 10, 2009

Annoyances

Some telemarketer has called my work number several times over the past few days (never when I'm there) and left a message saying "We are sorry to have disturbed you. This message was intended for an answering machine only." Uhhhh...

I heard on the radio the other day, that they had asked people to call in and give their opinion on "Is President Obama doing enough to protect US citizens from pirates?" Are you kidding me?? One, it's not his job! And two, this is like one US ship in what, 100 years?

Screwed up the taxes and had to file amended returns today, AND pay another $127. Wag of the finger to YOU, Johns Hopkins University, for messing up my last paycheck and then not issuing me a corrected W2. Apparently since I "had use of the wages in 2008" (yeah, for less than 24 hours!) I still have to pay taxes on them on our 2008 return. THEN in 2009 I can claim a deduction in income of what I repaid and get my $127 back. Pfff.

Have to get up early tomorrow to take the kitties to the vet. Max will probably cry, and Roxie will probably exude from all physiologically possible orifices. Awesome.

I will give a Tip O' the Hat (thanks Colbert) to our center director who let us all leave work an hour early.

1 comment:

Matt Silverthorn said...

Amazingly, Roxie retained all of her bodily fluids!