Thursday, April 16, 2009

Running (but not on empty)

Got my 5K time down to 29:52!! Think I might go to the gym on Sunday and run the 10K for this competition cycle - current aim is to get below 1:10:00 (at least a minute faster than my prior record). I haven't really been running distance lately so it might be a bit of a challenge! I would have liked to be at 200 by the end of this cycle, (6 weeks left) but March was a dismal month for me for running. I'm pretty sure I can get to 200 by the end of June though (would only have to average 8.5 miles per week, which I could do easily enough by running three 5Ks). Of course, running on Sunday also depends on how I feel after our (planned) day of hiking on Saturday - gotta take advantage of the nice weather!

Work was slow for the first couple days, and then got busy again today - wee!

Going to Sweetwater Tavern tomorrow night for Jim's birthday, and I gotta remember to bring him his shirt :-)

I think I've eaten about a pound of chocolate so far this week...

No comments: