Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Weekend and then some

Did the taxes last weekend. Was frustrated by the fact that, although we had wanted to put what we owed on the credit card to get the cash back rewards from our card, there was a $29.99 "convenience fee" for each payment (and we owed for both federal and state) - more than enough to wipe out any rewards we would have gotten from the charges. Booooo. Had to suck it up and set up auto-debits from our savings account instead.

Sunday was a great day. The weather was perfect, the church choir's cantata was excellent. Carly and Eric came over in the afternoon; we went to lunch at Famous Dave's for yummy barbeque, played doubles tennis for about an hour and a half, and then watched Hancock. After they left, M and I watched Shrek, Madagascar, and Ratatouille. (Note: I am amazed that I just spelled that correctly on the first try).

Ran at the gym yesterday - I'm working on my pace instead of my distance right now, so I've been doing acceleration runs. 1 mile at 6mph, then speeding up to 7mph in 0.1 mile/hour increments each tenth of a mile. I'm trying to get to the point where I can run the last 1.2 miles (to make a total of 5K) in four sections at 7, 6.6, 6.3 and 6mph each and then build from there. I can do the one section at 7mph but I'm pretty much dying by the end so I've only been getting to 2.6-2.7 miles total. Since I had to move my normal Thursday workout to today, I biked 8.25 miles instead of running. I might try to go on Saturday and run again.

So tired! I am just really not designed to wake up normally at 7:30AM. Well, maybe if I went to bed at like 10PM every night. I do suspect that I need more than the 7-7.5 hours/night that I am currently getting though.

We have church services Thursday and Friday night, taking the kitties to the vet and volunteering and maybe gymming on Saturday, and then heading down to Mom and Dad's after church on Sunday for Easter dinner (yum!) I had wanted to wear my cute pink dress but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate at this point :-(

1 comment:

Matt Silverthorn said...

Going to bed earlier didn't help at all when I was getting up at 6:30 all the time. No matter what time I went to bed, I always hated getting up at that time.