Tuesday, May 05, 2009

1K!

This is my 1000th post!!

I started blogging on November 20th, 2004. So freaking much has changed since then - the good, the bad, and the in-between. The road certainly hasn't been without its bumps, but I can definitely say I'm a lot better off now than I was 4 years, 5 months and 15 days ago (and I just found a nifty calculator online that will count up the days between two dates for you).

----------

I ran a crappy 5K today. What I mean was, I was running a pace that should have shaved about 5-6 minutes off of my 10K time. Instead, my foot started rubbing on my shoe in some weird way (time to throw that pair of socks out) and I had to stop halfway. Totally lame too, because there was *nobody* at the gym tonight and it wouldn't have been a problem to keep a treadmill for 65 minutes. Grrr. I don't want to do it on Thursday either, because I don't want to be super sore for yoga on Friday - I'm going to the flow class at 6pm instead of the gentle class at 4:30pm because it works better for my schedule, and I think I'll like the additional challenge of it as well.

I read some crazy theory about the Mark of the Beast today...even better than the one about how mandatory swine flu vaccines would leave scars on peoples' heads or hands. This person postulated that the mark is already here, in the form of credit card numbers - in our hands (as the physical card) or our heads (memorized). Once we move to a cashless society, Satan's plan will be complete! Oof.

Making enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo. And by making, I mean taking the Let's Dish pan out of the freezer, covering it with foil and tossing it in the oven :-) Maybe I'll make a margarita tonight too!

No comments: