Sunday, June 07, 2009

Blog!

I seem to have been reduced to once-a-week blogging lately. Well I'm still doing better than Matt! I should be nice to him though, because he's putting more RAM in my lappy tomorow night :-D

Long, rainy week last week. I was very glad to get to Friday. Went to the gentle yoga class at 4:30 so I'd be home in time for us to go to First Friday Fellowship at church. We ended up playing Acquire with Eric and Emily, and Matt finally won. I got second, and Eric came from a rather broke position mid-game to take 3rd. Poor Emily.

I went to volunteering on Saturday morning, and have been working on a pathophysiology book. I wanted to go to the spa place in the mall to get a pedicure afterward, but when I called that morning the woman said "I had one appointment left that started 10 minutes ago..." Oh well. Maybe I'll try to go after church on Wednesday night. I ended up going out to pick up a few things at K-Mart and then to Panera Bread to get a toasted bagel and a yogurt parfait - yum! Then we went to a cookout for the choir at Alison and Oliver's place.

Went to church on Sunday, and then over to Noodles for lunch. We didn't think it would be warm enough to go for a swim (the water temp anyways), and my head was kind of hurting in the afternoon so I went to lie down for a while and ended up with a 2-hour nap. We had some ice cream cake when I woke up and then Matt then proceeded to school me in two games of Jambo (though the second was closer and I only lost by one point), we watched a few episodes of Upstairs Downstairs and ate dinner.

I ended up getting some money for graduation so after I set aside enough for our "celebration" expenses (meals, parking, etc) I ordered a few things from Old Navy (natch). I had been meaning to go to the store in Rockville for a while, but it just never seemed to work out.

I don't have any time to go to the gym this week :-/ Have bible study on Monday night, dinner with Emily and Carly at The Melting Pot Tuesday night, church Wednesday night and a meeting Thursday night. Then we're leaving Friday afternoon to go down to F'burg for my 10-year HS reunion! I suppose I might have some time to go to the gym on Saturday, depending on when we get back. And I suppose I could be a masochist and go to 7am yoga on Wednesday...

Only 48 days til beach vacation! I ordered the puzzles (we'll only do one at the beach, but it was only 99 cents more for shipping if I bought two). We couldn't get the Dali one anywhere (it's been "temporarily out of stock" since January) so we decided to go back to Van Gogh and got his other two nighttime scenes, "Cafe Terrace" and "Starry Night on the Rhone" - together with our framed puzzle of "Starry Night" I think it'll make quite a spectacular wall decoration.

Off to go straighten my hair and then get ready for bed!

No comments: