Sunday, August 23, 2009

Does this make me a gamer?

Had a fun weekend! Aside from all the cleaning, bleh :-)

Daniel and Marilyn came up on Saturday; we didn't go to the baseball game because of the storms (hope we don't get rained out next weekend!) so we just hung out at the house. They cooked us dinner (steamed clams, sauteed shrimp, lemon asparagus and mushroom cous cous) and we played a game of Settlers of Catan while watching the Redskins game. I managed to pull out the win by stealing the "longest road" card from Daniel for the last two points.

We went to sunday school and church today, and then out to lunch at Red Lobster with Norm and Laura and the girls. Jim, Carly and Eric came over...with presents! Jim got me the theobromine shirt I was promised during the funemployment days. Carly and Eric gave me a gift card to Old Navy (and I think I'm going to buy this!). We got takeout and played Puerto Rico, and Jim won that game. Fun times :-)

Just finishing up some laundry and getting ready for the upcoming week. Should be pretty normal - bible study, two yoga classes, two gym trips and volunteering. Going to the Frederick Keys game on Saturday and maybe a swim on Sunday if the weather cooperates. And we're going to Montgomery Mall so I can get my ring inspected and go to the Old Navy Stuff'n'Save sale in person, so I can get my free tote bag!

1 comment:

ccnusbaum said...

I love that the jacket color is "saucy red." It's very fitting! :-)