Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Workin' ouuuuuuut

I think that was a Pauly Shore line?

I can't believe how fast this month has gone. By the time it's over I'll have done 7 yoga classes (most of them rather vigorous), two swims (hoping to get the second one in this Sunday, weather permitting), and 5 runs. I always manage to make time for yoga, but swimming and running is harder :-)

I signed up for the Nike+ Human Race worldwide 10K on October 24th. I'll probably just run it on a treadmill after I get out of the ASNM conference that day. I am starting to seriously think about doing the Nicolay Melanoma Foundation's mini triathlon next year - if I recall correctly, it's a 400m swim, 14 mile bike ride, and 5K run. I feel like I might actually be enough of a non-couch potato that I wouldn't die if I tried. Complication would be that I don't have a bike.

Can I BUY more time in my day for sleeping? I just can't seem to go to bed at a reasonable time these days. I got home around 8pm last night after going to the gym and the grocery store. I made dinner and putzed around for a while online - did some mechanical turk hits, talked to some people on IM, read my Morning Coffee tabs and Facebook. We also watched two episodes of Planet Earth on Discovery HD. Loaded and ran the dishwasher, repacked my gym bag, took a shower and then somehow it was 1am?? Ugh. I really need 8+ hours of sleep and right now I think I'm getting about 6.5-7 :-(

No comments: