Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hiking!

We went to Great Falls after the church luncheon and spent about 2 1/2 hours hiking. We ended up doing portions of Difficult Run Trail, Ridge Trail, and River Trail. River Trail is AWESOME. It's very rocky, so there's a lot of climbing and such. We ended up going to the canal locks before we turned around and hiked back...I'm thinking it was 5-5.5 miles total? I'd like to make another trip at some point and hike the entire length of River Trail and possibly the Matildaville Trail on the way back down. The map says there's "ruins" on that trail and I'm interested in seeing what they are.

Didn't take the camera, so no pics. Saw a lizard, minnows, and a couple deer.

Went grocery shopping and did some laundry when we got home. I'm very disappointed that I couldn't find dried blueberries at the grocery store anymore...and why do they have dried fruit in FOUR different freaking places in the store?? Ridiculous. I gotta go do my bible study assignment for tomorrow now. Going to be a busy week - very much looking forward to Emily on Wednesday and SBC on Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/CunninghamFalls.html

One of my favorite places in MD. I used to go there a lot when I was a child. Another one was called Black Rock, along the AT near Hagerstown. It might be called something different now, I'm not sure. I haven't found anything about it online so far.

Both of these should be within striking distance of you guys for a weekend trip.

-Seth

Courtney said...

I've heard good things about Cunningham Falls from people in my office...it's also on my list. We're going to Sugarloaf Mountain in two weeks - it's only about 25 minutes north of us.