Thursday, September 10, 2009

Stuff for today

First NFL game of the "real" season! I'm not doing any online stuff this year (gasp). Eric decided to run Gridiron Challenge instead of Fantasy FB (and I don't like the salary cap format) and apparently no one is doing College Pick'Em. Oh well, more time for other stuff I suppose.

Biked 12 miles in 47:24 today (followed by a half-mile run). I'm going to get my pool pass at the Ft. Detrick gym tomorrow.

Speaking of overall fitness, I think I'd like to do Kripalu's Hike-Bike-Yoga retreat for my 30th birthday (well, in the year of my 30th birthday, since I think it's a fall program). Future hint...they have gift certificates ;-)

I think it's hilarious that Rob Miller, the guy running against heckler Jim Wilson, has raised half a million dollars in the last 24 hours. The almighty dollar speaketh!

I was asked to contribute to an office working group that deals with agreements and issues concerning human subjects research - cool! I might also take a (free) course on the ethics and regulatory aspects of human subjects research, which would be extremely helpful. I also got an e-mail saying that one of my papers (artifacts from my former life) was accepted pending minor revisions. Also cool!

Yoga tomorrow, volunteering Saturday, gym sometime over the weekend. Next two weeks are going to be extremely busy, but extremely fun!

No comments: