Friday, October 30, 2009

It's the *magnitude* of the change

We in the government are mandated by a DHS directive to obtain more "secure" ID badges by 2011. I got mine this morning. Now, I really liked my old NIH badge photo. Someone in my office even said they thought I looked a little like Reese Witherspoon in it. Unfortunately, they couldn't reuse our old pictures for our new badges because they weren't "compatible" with the new secure process.

My ID picture has now gone from "reminds me of Reese Witherspoon" to "Walmart shoplifter mugshot."

----------

I really like this: Religion Flowchart. And man, do I love me some bacon. But I finally called my doctor's office about my bloodwork results (turns out they never got them from LabCorp, so they had to call and have them faxed over) and my cholesterol is still borderline high. I hope I don't have to switch religions.

My vitamin D is also a little low, which makes me like a good portion of the population and is easily remedied by an extra vitamin.

Additionally, I have a small spot in my left eye that I think is a pinguecula or a pterygium (it's not entirely clear to me what the difference is). I have an eye doctor appointment in less than two weeks (for the usual stuff too - I need new contact lenses and glasses).

No comments: