Saturday, May 15, 2010

What have you done, Starbucks??

On my way home today, I stopped for a half-price frappuccino. I ordered a grande light chai frappuccino. Instead of a refreshing, creamy beverage, I ended up with this less than a third of the way through:


That, my friends, is a pile of milky ice with no flavoring. As best I can tell, they're not using the frappuccino base anymore. It's just ice, milk, and flavoring. It doesn't really blend all that well. And frankly, it stinks.

I'm consoling myself with the fact that we're going to Sweetwater tonight for dinner.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Ever since I first started getting frappacinos 10 years ago, they end up looking like that about half the time. (I don't get them often, maybe twice a year on average.) But if this is the first time you've had one like that, then you've had a lucky streak that was due to end!

Courtney said...

I've never had a frappuccino end up looking like that. But more importantly, it didn't even taste good :-(