Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goals Updated

I must have jinxed it when I wrote a couple weeks ago that we wanted to move in Fall 2011. As it turns out, after checking around a few places - no one is doing 80-10-10 mortgages right now. Too many lenders got burned on second mortgage financing with all the short sales and foreclosures over the past few years, and ruined it for the rest of us. So there's another thing we likely won't be able to take advantage of (I suppose it's possible that they'll relax their lending in a year or so, but I'm not counting on it). Back to 20%, and I guess we're looking at Summer of 2012 now. It's kind of a moving target, because we can't even say we've bottomed out on this place yet. Grumblecakes.

I do want to get my Nike+ Running 500 Mile Club T-shirt next year, so I threw the other goal tracker down there. Nike+ got rid of the Minis that you used to be able to put on your blog/facebook and showed your total mileage, so now I have to update it manually. The total is cumulative since January of 2009.

4 comments:

ccnusbaum said...

I'm glad you said that. I'm like, 'down where?' -- and oh, I had apparently never visited the bottom of your page before!

Courtney said...

The savings goal had been all the way at the bottom of the right sidebar in the old layout for a while, but it was kind of hard to see because it was smooshed so small to fit the column width. The new layout makes it a lot easier to read, even with two trackers.

Eric said...

You should contact the lender that Carly and I used for our mortgages. He's awesome. Unless you have bad credit or a really poor income to debt ratio, I'm pretty sure he could hook you up with an 80/10/10.

Courtney said...

We might try to do that then, Eric - I had just contacted a few companies off of Bankrate, and the NIHFCU. I personally think it's ridiculous because our credit is spotless, we have practically no other debt, and we'd be buying less than 2/3 of what the standard lending guidelines say we can "afford."