Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So much for goals

As I've said before, I like goals.

I don't like when they get screwed up.

We had planned to have enough money saved up to buy a SFH in mid-2012, and then we'd worry about the cars. Then my car's computer and timing belt decided to die a slow death (see below). It was frustrating, but we traded in a 2004 Focus with 156,400 miles for a 2011 Focus with 11 miles.

Since we can't ever seem to have a single issue (see: Laptop Replacement 2010) I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when Matt's car started making funny noises. We were (again) hoping for a cheap fix, but Midas says it's probably the transmission. They don't do transmission repair, so we'll take it to Aamco tomorrow to at least get an official quote - but I'm not optimistic. It makes me VERY angry though because M's car had 40,000 fewer miles than mine and should have lasted AT LEAST two more years.

Hello, 2013 :-(

(And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.)
(Apparently the universe dislikes me)

No comments: