Monday, December 20, 2010

Year in Review 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Completed a triathlon (two actually), went on a cruise, saw a total lunar eclipse (well, I will in a couple hours!)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made some headway on saving for the house (got to $18K, a little less than $7K short) and the triathlons (but not under 2 hours in relative times). Still not so great on the housework or flossing, but I'm still trying. I do want my Nike 500 mile club T-shirt in 2011 (halfway there) and a better yoga home practice. I am focusing on studying the New Testament this year. I also want to win a Fitness Challenge award at work!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Carly (sweet sweet Cassidy!!) and approximately a billion of my Facebook friends...most notably Jeremy/Ashley (Arwyn), Adam/Kristen (Connor), and Aseer/Celina (Josiah).

4. Did anyone close to you die? My dear friend Dottie from church, and almost my brother

5. What countries did you visit? Haiti and St. Maarten, plus Puerto Rico. And apparently the North Pole, for a few days in February...?

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? a walk-in closet and a second bathroom

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 19th - the day I became an 'adopted aunt' :-)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Tripling my salary in two years

9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining back the same 10 pounds I lost in the first part of the year AGAIN. I always seen to do so well for the first part of the year and then it all falls apart around October.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was sick like three times this year - massive sinus infection in January and some sort of stomach virus in April, plus apparently my first bout with seasonal allergies for a few days.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I guess my new car - it talks to me!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Carly and Emily - they are still wonderfully normal people even after becoming moms :-)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Zillow

14. Where did most of your money go? Saving for the house. And apparently taxes (hello 25% bracket...)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? THE CRUISE!!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? September Girl by Jupiter Sunrise

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? same
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Yoga (and I just bought a 3-month membership!)

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Being angry or anxious

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Our last Christmas Eve service at MHBC, and then out to my mom's place

21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? at Robyn and Derrick's new place, drinking sugar cookie martinis

(Being the catalyst for everyone else's Year In Review blog posts, I henceforth decree that questions 22 and 23 have been changed to more grown-up topics.)

22. Did you fall in love discover any great new websites in 2010? I love Sprinkle Bakes for the beautiful food shots/recipes, and Jersey Circus (a mash-up between Family Circus comics and Jersey Shore dialogue) for a silly laugh.

23. How many one-night stands weddings? Matt's co-worker Jeff, at the Eastern Shore in July; my dad's cousin Holly, in Delaware in September.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Glee

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? My hatred for Glenn Beck continually grows, but that's nothing new for 2010.

26. What was the best book you read? I read a ton of stuff on my new Nook, but Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang stands out as totally making me LOL.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Bruno Mars, and the fact that I actually do like OneRepublic

28. What did you want and get? A new stove and a 401K account

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Inception

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 29 - took a half day off from work and slept in, started my day with 29 sun salutations and then out for coffee. Met Stacy for ice cream that evening. I think M and I went out for dinner but I can't remember where? I was busy all week collecting all my free food from my e-mail mailing lists (Noodles, Ritas, Ruby Tuesdays...)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? a housing market recovery (or even just fewer foreclosures in our zip code...)

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? A little more business casual than the previous year; also I have finally decided to buy a few pairs of leggings. Including jean leggings (aka 'jeggings') - I was skeptical, but it works.

34. What kept you sane? Finally having a concrete plan for the next couple years

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Joshua Jackson

36. What political issue stirred you the most? TSA crap

37. Who did you miss? Eric and Emily, still (Please come back to the DC area...!)

38. Who were the best new people you met? Chris and Victoria

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010: Maintaining a post-yoga class zen-like state of bliss is greatly hampered by going to any department store.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "Maybe the reason why all the doors are closed, so you could open one that leads you to the perfect road" - Katy Perry, Firework


(YIR 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005)

No comments: